Monday, August 2, 2010

Sneak Preview

Well friends I haven't been getting much writing done but I have definitely been making work.  Other good things have been happening too.

I have two pieces accepted in the Once Upon a Time exhibit at the McMinn County Living Heritage Museum in Athens, TN.  The exhibit runs September 4 - October 29, 2010.  I'm also getting ready to participate in First Encounter of the Iberoamerican Textile Network that will run September 3-17, 2010 in San Jose, Costa Rica.  My work will also be shown in Limon.

See this link for more information.  http://redtextilia.org/welcome.php

Here's a preview of two new pieces that should be on my website by the end of the week.  I'm working on redesigning the site as it needs to be refreshed.



This is tentatively called Nubian Garden.  I have four new black/white and mixed color pieces ready.



To Market-To Market makes me want to go shopping for fabrics and other goodies in the homeland. Maybe I'll get a chance next year.  The South Africa Quilt Festival is next July I think.  After watching the World Cup Iam  absolutely ready to go and see the sites, meet the people, eat the food and of course try their great wines.

Check my website early next week and see what's new beyond these.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment